Your privacy is important to us and we follow a strict code of conduct where your privacy is concerned, as governed by the Australian Psychological Society and National Privacy Principles. All personal information gathered during the provision of psychological services will remain confidential and secure except when:
- Your prior approval has been obtained to:
- Provide a written report another professional or agency, e.g. GP or lawyer; or
- Discuss the material with another person, e.g. specialist doctor or employer.
- It is subpoenaed by a court.
- When mandated by law.
- Failure to disclose information would place you or another person at risk; or
- If you have been referred by a GP under a Mental Health Care Plan we are obligated to provide a report to your GP after the initial appointment and at the end of each care plan or review.
- As a requirement for reporting of other programs that subsidises psychological assistance.
- As a requirement of child protection legislation.